FDI announces 2020 World Oral Health Day Award winners
Zurich: World Oral Health Day (WOHD) is organized by FDI World Dental Federation (FDI) and is celebrated annually on 20 March. Each year, FDI recognizes outstanding contributions to this global awareness campaign through the WOHD Awards. FDI warmly congratulates all winners for their exemplary work and hopes that their efforts will inspire others to lead equally engaging campaigns of their own.
The award winners significantly contribute to the overall impact of the 2020 WOHD campaign, which hosted 302 events in 177 countries, engaged 27,000 people on social media, and achieved an impressive media reach of 1.9 billion. FDI also collected over 25,000 pledges worldwide.
The following awards were presented by FDI President Dr Gerhard K. Seeberger and WOHD Task Team Chair Prof. Paulo Melo during the virtual WOHD 2020 Awards Ceremony on 15 July.
The categories and winners are listed below.
WOHD Award winners:
- Most Educational Activity: Estonian Dental Association
- Best Media Campaign: Hellenic Dental Association
- Most Original Activity: National Medical Students State (HCCM) Russia
- Best Social Media Campaign: Tanzania Dental Students Association
- Best Pledge Collection: Philippine Dental Association
- Best Branded Photo: Shenzhen Hospital of Southern Medical University Stomatology Center
Millions of people around the globe continue to suffer from poor oral health and the growing burden of oral disease demands action on an individual, family and community level. Poor oral health extends far beyond the mouth, taking a serious toll on an individual’s overall health and well-being. However, FDI is confident that simple, targeted action has the ability to curb the prevalence of oral disease and make oral health a personal priority for everyone.